Non-Trucking Liability

If you are an independent owner-operator that hauls property under a motor carriers authority, either permanently or on a short-term basis, you will need Non-Trucking Liability to have your wheels moving while not on dispatch.  The Dept of Transportation requires you to have your truck insured against liability losses to a person or to their property.  If you are getting your oil changed, truck washed, driving from your home to the yard for pickup, or any other personal use, you need Non-Trucking Liability insurance.

Non-Trucking Liability is usually written with $1,000,000 Bodily Injury/Property Damage coverage when you are operating without a trailer attached.  Personal Injury Protection (PIP) where required by state and up to $1,000,000 in Uninsured/Underinsured limit are important and, sometimes, mandatory by state law.  Our professional agents can help you assure you are compliant to DOT requirements.

Have a question? Call the insurance professionals at ENGS Insurance, toll free 855-270-2650.